Paper cups are disposable cups made out of paper and are extensively used all over the world to serve food and beverages like tea, coffee, soft drinks, etc. They are coated or lined with plastic or wax to prevent the cup from any leakage or becoming soggy. Commercially, paper cups are coated with polyethylene to increase its durability and performance by making it liquid resistant. The coating also allows the seams to weld together. There are generally two types of paper cups: hot and cold. Cold cups have a waxy coating on both the sides to prevent the paper from becoming wet due to absorption of liquid. On the other hand, hot cups are designed specifically to withstand the heat and are coated only on one side. There are several factors that are driving the demand for paper cups across the globe. Growing awareness about transfer of diseases and germs while sharing the same containers or mugs has motivated people to opt for paper cups. Moreover, they are convenient to use and are environment friendly due to their higher biodegradability compared to plastic or foam cups. The growing foodservice industry is another major factor that is thrusting the growth of this market globally.
IMARC’s latest study “Paper Cups Market – Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Plant Setup, Machinery, Raw Materials, Cost and Revenue” provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects of the paper cups market. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the paper cups industry in any manner.
The report has segmented the market on the basis of cup type, application and region. On the basis of type, the market comprises of hot paper cups, cold paper cups, plastic cups and polystyrene foam cups. Based on applications, tea/coffee represented the biggest end use market for paper cups in 2015, followed by other foods/beverages and chilled foods/beverages. Region-wise, North America dominated the global paper cups consumption in 2015, followed by China, Asia Pacific (excluding China), South America, Western Europe, Russia/ Eastern Europe, Africa/ Middle East and Central Europe.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
• What are the key success and risk factors in the paper cups industry?
• How has the paper cups market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
• What is the structure of the paper cups industry and who are the key players?
• What are the various unit operations involved in a paper cups manufacturing plant?
• What is the total size of land required for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
• What are the machinery requirements for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
• What are the raw material requirements and composition for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
• What are the utility requirements for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
• What are the manpower requirements for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
• What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
• What are the capital costs for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
• What are the operating costs for setting up a paper cups manufacturing plant?
• What should be the pricing mechanism of paper cups?
• What will be the income and expenditures for a paper cups manufacturing plant?
• What is the time required to break-even?